First date tonight with Captain from Match!
The smile on my face today extends from ear to ear! And I haven’t even met the guy yet! It is just so exciting since I haven’t gone on a date with anyone but Grayheart in over a decade!
Here’s the thing, I’m not nervous that it won’t go well. I am a people person. I love getting to know new people. I am confident that my personality tends to win people over. I can work with the most difficult of characters. I don’t mean this in a conceited way… I just think people are my “thing.” Even if I don’t like Captain or he doesn’t like me, just the fun of getting ready and getting to meet a new friend is enough for me.
Don’t get me wrong, I am hopeful that we have a good connection and he likes me so it’s time to bring out my A game! I gotta pull out the Miami swag, Cuban flair and female wiles I was born with!
Look at all the crap I have to do! Beyoncé may have woken up “Flawless” but I sure as hell didn’t! My to do list:
Get my hair blow dried. Done!
– Mani/pedi (In process!)
– Fix my eyebrows
– Get my car cleaned because it looks like my kids use the car seats as plates (for the record, we are meeting there but just in case he walks me to my car, I DO NOT want him to run away in fear of Hurricane Andrew Part II).
– Exfoliate my skin
– Shave my legs
– Lotion up so I’m not ashy (dry skin sucks!)
– Obsess over every imperfection, line, extraneous hair… $&@#%!
– Make sure my outfit is on point… Just enough boobage, tight skinny jeans, HIGH heels… (Thank God for push up bras, I’d just like to say here.)
– Make-up needs to say sexy but not overdone.
– Jewelry … Can’t look like a gypsy. Sometimes we overdo it with hoops and bangles…
– Smell like a million bucks!
– Pack my purse (gum, makeup, mase, money, keys, ID, extra deodorant, wipes, perfume, lotion, floss, toothbrush/paste… I know, I know, I’m overdoing it but you never be too prepared?)
– Leave the house with the confidence of Beyoncé!
Whew! I’m exhausted just reciting it!
Key here: Make it look like it was an effortless appearance! (Yes, men… I know, we women are such liars.)
I will walk up to him like I am comfortable in my own skin and “woke up like this… Flawless!”
Unless he stands me up. LOL!
If that happens, I’ll continue my Friday Night Fun tradition of going to that bar I usually go to with my friend, Jazz!
Wish me luck! (And let me know if I missed anything!)