I know everyone has been inundated with posts about some blogger’s year in review. This one will be no different. But this post is more for me than anything or anyone else. I felt the need to go back and see how far I’d come from 2014 to help me set new goals for 2016.
I’d worked on a vision board in 2014 and 2015.
So here’s what I’m proud of in 2015:
- I survived separation from my husband of 9 years. (I’d like to be divorced by February 2016.)
- Not only did I survive but I’m better than before.
- I reached my goal weight of 137 lbs, beat it by 4 lbs at the peak of my fitness routine and then roughly stayed at it the majority of the year (until the holidays hit!) I’d lost almost 30 lbs since I started in August 2014. (My goal is to lose again those darn stubborn 5 lbs!)
- I blogged on a regular basis and have gained a number of great friends, garnered outstanding support from said friends and allowed myself to use it as a therapeutic and positive outlet.
- I saw my therapist, DD, on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Don’t know what I would’ve done without her. Her advice has been golden.
- I online dated. I spoke to a number of guys, enjoyed the flattering not attention and went on dates with two different men. Both were wonderful but one particularly stood out. My Captain.
- I found amazing love with Captain. Go figure. Sounds so incredibly sappy. If you’d asked me if it was possible after being with the same man since I was 21 yrs old (I’m now 35), I would’ve laughed at you. But Captain was too incredible to ignore and was everything I could ask for. I didn’t think it was possible to find someone so good hearted and fall so deeply for that person.
- I ran a half marathon and just completed another one January 2016.
- I did my 10 mile race in Paris!
- I did two mud races! The Rugged Maniac and just recently did a Spartan (sprint) race!
- I traveled a good bit. This has always been my passion. I just kind of let it flounder once I had kids. I went to Disney three times, Austin, TX, Key West, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich and the Romantic Road in Germany, Steamboat Springs, CO.
- I went snorkeling and fishing!
- We sold our house in Virginia and did well. I put that money towards paying off all my debt. I’m broke now but am debt free.
- I began budgeting myself and am in control of my own money. (Grayheart handled all finances when I became a stay at home mom.)
- I did laser hair removal for my legs, bikini and underarms. I figured that was my treat to myself rather than going the typical get-your-boobs-done route.
- I re-arranged furniture and changed decor in my house. Out with Grayheart and in with things that represent me.
- I started substitute teaching and really enjoy it. I might consider teaching as a new profession. (I’ve been offered a few jobs since I’ve been here but I’m waiting til next fall to start anything serious.)
My 2015 focus was about finding myself because I really felt lost when my husband left me. I made it a goal to figure out what made me happy – besides motherhood – and make more time for myself.
I don’t know who exactly I am yet but I know that I’ve determined I’m stronger than I ever thought. There are sad moments but I think I am overall a happier person. I don’t feel as if I’m being weighed down by another person.
As a result of this me time and healthier living and a more interesting life, I think I’ve become a better mother. I have more energy and appreciation for my time with my kids. I cherish every second with them since I’m not with them 24/7.
My journey will continue since I feel like the investment is paying off. I hope to have an even better 2016 and am excited about completing my next vision board!
Thank you all again for helping me through this year. There aren’t enough words to describe how instrumental the WordPress community has been to my healing.
In peace and love,